We proudly provide high-quality dental care for patients of all ages. We understand the unique dental issues that children, adults, and seniors may experience, and Dr. Craig Hine's focus on family dentistry at his Bixby, OK, practice, helps us maintain a healthy future for your family's smiles. Family dentistry helps us teach proper oral hygiene habits to our younger patients while educating their parents at the same time.
With our gentle touch, our younger patients learn the importance of routine dentist visits, and can become comfortable in the dentist's chair. Our family dentistry is preventative in nature, and it revolves around routine checkups, teeth cleanings, and establishing proper oral hygiene habits at home. With family dentistry, you can avoid issues before they occur, saving time and money while preserving your health.
Teaching the Importance of Oral Health
We believe teaching children the value of oral health cannot be overstated. Oral health has a direct influence on overall health, and by helping children to establish healthy habits as early as possible, we can help them to experience lifelong benefits:
- Care, Don't Share: Avoid sharing utensils with your child—you can transfer cavity-causing germs.
- Eat Healthy Foods: Fruits, vegetables, and milk are healthy foods that provide vitamins and minerals that make enamel strong.
- Preserve Your Enamel: Avoid refined sugars, processed foods, and sodas. They often have chemicals which can degrade enamel.
- First Dental Visit: Dr. Hine recommends that your child's first dental visit occurs no later than his or her first birthday.
- Brushing Basics: As soon as teeth erupt through the gumline, children can brush their own teeth. Establish great habits with the 2x2 method— 2 minutes of brushing, 2 times per day. Use fluoridated toothpaste for best results.
We provide routine checkups, education, and advanced care designed to help our patients experience ongoing benefits.
Sealants and Fluoride Treatment
To help young patients avoid developing cavities as they learn how to properly brush and floss, we offer sealants and fluoride treatments. By applying fluoride directly to the teeth, we can fortify your little one’s smile against decay. Similarly, we offer dental sealants that cover the chewing surfaces of molars, preventing the development of decay in the pits and grooves.
Standardized Care for Adults
Dr. Hine can provide all of the necessary dental care for adults. In addition to regular cleanings and checkups, he offers:
- General dentistry, such as sleep apnea treatment and tooth extractions
- Cosmetic dentistry, including dental bonding and teeth whitening
- Restorative dentistry, such as composite fillings and bone grafting
As part of every adult's biannual exams, Dr. Hine will conduct oral cancer screenings.
Services for Seniors
Seniors require special care that accounts for the medications they take, the increased risk of conditions such as dry mouth and gum disease, and other factors. When needed, Dr. Hine can provide restorative care, including custom dentures.
Your Oral Health Matters to Us
At Hine Dental, creating and maintaining beautiful, healthy smiles is incredibly important to us. With our focus on family dentistry, we provide routine checkups, education, and advanced care designed to help our patients experience ongoing benefits. To schedule a checkup for yourself or a loved one, please contact us today.
“Keeping the beat of dentistry alive for nearly 100 years.” Dr. Craig Hine