With our gentle touch, our younger patients learn the importance of routine dentist visits, and can become comfortable in the dentist’s chair. Our family dentistry is preventative in nature, and it revolves around routine checkups, teeth cleanings, and establishing proper oral hygiene habits at home. With family dentistry, you can avoid issues before they occur, saving time and money while preserving your health.
Teaching the Importance of Oral Health
Through family dentistry, Dr. Hine can get to know your family and their unique needs.
- Care, Don’t Share: Avoid sharing utensils with your child—you can transfer cavity-causing germs.
- Eat Healthy Foods: Fruits, vegetables, and milk are healthy foods that provide vitamins and minerals that make enamel strong.
- Preserve Your Enamel: Avoid refined sugars, processed foods, and sodas. They often have chemicals which can degrade enamel.
- First Dental Visit: Dr. Hine recommends that your child’s first dental visit occurs no later than his or her first birthday.
- Brushing Basics: As soon as teeth erupt through the gumline, children can brush their own teeth. Establish great habits with the 2×2 method— 2 minutes of brushing, 2 times per day. Use fluoridated toothpaste for best results.
Sealants and Fluoride Treatment
Treating sleep apnea can help you experience a better night’s sleep, give you more energy, and improve your health.
Standardized Care for Adults
- General dentistry, such as sleep apnea treatment and tooth extractions
- Cosmetic dentistry, including dental bonding and teeth whitening
- Restorative dentistry, such as composite fillings and bone grafting
As part of every adult’s biannual exams, Dr. Hine will conduct oral cancer screenings.