TMJ Treatment Can Relieve Pain and Restore Your Quality of Life
What Is TMD?
Symptoms of TMD
Successful TMJ treatment aims to relieve symptoms while also treating the underlying cause.
- Headaches or migraines
- Swelling on one or both sides of the face
- Ringing in the ears
- A clicking or popping sound when you move your jaw
- Significant wear and damage to teeth
- Your jaw gets stuck in an open or closed position
- Pressure or pain in the face or eyes
- Discomfort when chewing, yawning, or other movement of the jaw
- Pain in the jaw joint specifically, or more generalized pain in the face, ears, neck, or shoulders
Customized TMJ Treatment
A custom-made oral appliance, also referred to as a night guard, can be crafted from a variety of materials, depending on your specific needs. Night guards will hold your jaw in proper position, relieving pressure from misalignment and preventing grinding or clenching of teeth. If your TMJ disorder is stress-related, Dr. Hine may recommend some stress-reduction techniques in addition to the night guard. Your treatment is completely customized to your individual situation, so treatment for your condition may differ greatly from another patient’s treatment.